The healthcare industry has undergone a transformation and has been under a lot of duress in the past 2-3 years. The focus has shifted to providing patients with a positive healthcare experience and reducing stress. The industry is increasingly adopting new-age tech solutions like Dynamics 365 Business Central that can help them digitally transform their business and also help them serve their patients better.
Business Central is a unified platform that connects all the departments of an organization and streamlines their processes and systems to achieve business-wide efficiencies. From a healthcare industry point of view, it acts as a medium that connects people, processes, and data under a single platform.
Let us look at how Business Central is changing the healthcare industry and enabling organizations to provide better healthcare experiences to patients.
Business Central Features
1. Centralized System
Business Central is a business-wide system that stores data and improves coordination and communication across all the departments. Since all the necessary information is available in a centralized platform, it becomes easier for teams to find relevant patient records quickly.
In the absence of such a centralized system, the employees have to search for information across different departments stored in various data formats or in multiple locations. Once the data is located, it has to be collated and converted into a single data format, thus wasting time and resources.
2. Patient Records Management
Dynamics 365 Business Central enables the healthcare organization to store and manage patient records across different stages of the patient journey. The healthcare professionals update patient records after every interaction. They access updated patient records at all times and study them to determine the next course of action.
3. Security Mechanisms
Business Central provides users with role-based access, allowing each user to view only those records to which they have a need to access.
Also, since the records are stored digitally, the chances of them getting lost are negligible. In most cases, the data is backed-up with disaster recovery mechanisms in place in case of untoward incidents.
Also, users can share health records with other doctors and stakeholders quickly, if required, during emergencies.
4. Compliance Management
Business Central helps healthcare organizations adhere to various compliances and guidelines prescribed by the local governments and authorities. Across the globe, many healthcare organizations use Business Central as it supports multi-location, multi-currency, and multi-language setups.
It makes it easy for healthcare organizations spread across different locations to adhere to the compliances and standards as prescribed by local regulatory bodies.
5. Real-time data
Business Central captures data in real-time and helps stakeholders to access updated data at all times. It helps them track different metrics and stay on top of all the business-wide events. It also helps them identify any bottlenecks or problem areas and resolve them. Such insights also help them make quick and informed decisions.
6. Automation capabilities
Business Central can help healthcare professionals automate various aspects of online appointment scheduling. Chatbot integration can help patients resolve their basic queries and reduce call volumes. It can also send timely reminders to patients about upcoming appointments or other critical visits.
7. Integration Capabilities
Business Central has strong integration capabilities with other Microsoft products as well as many popular third-party industry solutions. The integrations enhance the utility and functioning of the solution across different departments.
Let us look at how these features benefit different stakeholders of a healthcare organization.
- All the patient records are stored in a single location. Also, these can be shared easily and quickly, thus saving time during an emergency.
- 360 degree-view of patient records helps healthcare personnel to handle patient queries effectively and efficiently.
- Timely reminders ensure that patients do not miss their appointments and visits.
- It makes the entire process from scheduling appointments to post-hospitalization care relatively stress-free for the patients.
- It can also help patients seek a second opinion by sharing their digital records with other experts when required, and make an informed decision
II. Healthcare Providers
- The healthcare providers can easily collaborate and communicate with other departments as well as the patients due to a centralized system.
- They can quickly resolve patient queries as they can access previous medical records in just a few clicks.
- They can design personalized patient healthcare and wellness programs depending on the past medical history of the patients.
- Doctors can access digital health records from anywhere and at any time in case of emergencies and can instruct the response teams to take immediate action. It prevents time which can be crucial and save patients’ lives as they receive timely treatment.
- Automations help free up time for the healthcare personnel and allow them to focus more on high-priority issues.
III. Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare organizations can analyze the real-time data and gain insights from it, to further improve their services.
- Also, the insights help them stay on top of events across different locations and geographies and take necessary steps quickly as and when required.
- It helps them simplify billing and payment processes.
- They can ensure all the necessary medications and other equipment are available at all times and in sufficient quantities.
- The sales and marketing teams can segment their target audience and create personalized marketing campaigns for new patient acquisitions.
- The organization can create patient portals, apps, kiosks, etc., for the patients and reach a larger population.
- They can easily manage vendor payments across different geographies and locations.
As we can see, Business Central allows healthcare organizations to provide exceptional healthcare to their patients and achieve numerous efficiencies across the organization.
If you are a healthcare organization and are interested in evaluating Dynamics 365 Business Central for your business, do get in touch with experts at Direction Software. Direction Software is a Microsoft Gold Partner for Enterprise Resource Planning. We are a multicultural Information Technology Solutions and Business consulting company with Indo-German Management, headquartered in Mumbai, India.
We also offer Bespoke solutions on .Net, Java & open-source platforms, E-Business consulting, Back Office Support, Business Intelligence, and Mobility Solutions.
About the author:
Chirag Thakkar – Sr. Digital Marketing Consultant
At Direction Software LLP, Chirag works with the Marketing Team to enhance the Digital Marketing presence and Lead Generation.